DeHavilland EU is recruiting for an EU Policy Analyst to join our office in London, with responsibility for a diverse client portfolio, including health, animal welfare and research & innovation. The role focuses on delivering high quality political information to clients by email, phone and in person. The successful candidate will compile agreed updates and intelligence on EU policy developments.
DeHavilland is the definitive provider of political intelligence, monitoring, research and consulting services in the UK & EU based in London and Brussels. Our services help public affairs professionals track, monitor and evaluate the impact of the political environment, enabling them to effectively plan, implement and evaluate their organisation’s objectives.
The successful candidate will work closely with the EU team, supporting each other on their respective sectors. The role also involves working closely with the commercial team to retain and drive value for existing clients as well as supporting the new client acquisition process.
The position offers a rare opportunity to combine an interest in EU policies, research and editorial tasks, and would suit anyone who is contemplating a career in EU politics or public affairs. This role is to be filled as soon as possible and would suit a professional with experience in EU affairs.
Key skills, experience and competencies
- A genuine interest in and strong knowledge of the EU policies and the political process
- Completed degree in EU affairs, political science or equivalent
- Experience of working in a political/public affairs role, ideally in Brussels
- Ability to deliver information accurately in a fast-paced environment and to think quickly to provide insights and perspective on EU institutional/industry/civil society reports
- Experience of building and developing excellent customer relationships
- Experience of undertaking research on EU policy issues
- First-class writing and oral skills in English at native level or equivalent
- A keen eye for quality and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task
- Strong communicator and interpersonal skills
- A flexible team-player with a high degree of motivation and pro-activeness
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience in the European Parliament or in any of the other EU institutions
- Interest in and knowledge of policy issues in health, animal welfare and/or research & innovation
- Experience and an interest in online information management
Interviews will take place mid-January, with a start date to be determined following the interview. We are looking to fill this post at the end of January / beginning of February.
Please address your application to Sabrina Urban and send your CV, a covering letter describing your interest in the role and your suitability to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject of the email needs to clearly state the job title of the vacancy.
Successful candidates will be responded to when they apply, and any adverts will be removed when the role has been filled. If you are interested, please apply immediately to avoid disappointment.
DeHavilland EU is a signatory to the Mindful Employer Charter.
Sabrina Urban heads up DeHavilland's content teams in Brussels and London. Sabrina joined DeHavilland in 2008 and was a key founding member of DeHavilland EU.