After an exciting period of growth, we are recruiting for an experienced EU Parliamentary Freelance Reporter to extend our network in Brussels.
DeHavilland is the leading provider of political insight and intelligence on the UK and EU. We provide fast, accurate and relevant information on the latest developments shaping policy and legislation via an intelligent online portal that consolidates multiple sources and channels. We put our clients at the heart of the political agenda by providing mission-critical information and analysis, which ensures they get the information they need when they need it.
The role would be an excellent role for anyone who is contemplating a career in politics and journalism.
Working in Brussels, you will cover European Parliament Committee and Plenary meetings, events and conferences. The reports will have to be submitted in English within tight deadlines and must adhere to a strict writing style.
• Self-employed status in Belgium, for instance with Smartbe – we cannot process your application unless this criteria is met
• Press accreditation to the European Parliament
• A high standard of written English and a keen eye for detail
• Proven record of EU parliamentary reporting
• Ability to translate complex and technical discussions into simple language
• A strong interest in EU policy and journalism
• Excellent time management skills
• Completed a degree, preferably in a relevant subject
The DeHavilland EU team is professional, driven, committed and passionate about politics.
Please apply as soon as possible as we may well appoint before the closing date.
An interview and writing test will be arranged in June.
If you would like to apply for the opportunity to work with us, please submit your CV and covering letter, including details of current/previous performance at email@example.com.
Sabrina Urban heads up DeHavilland's content teams in Brussels and London. Sabrina joined DeHavilland in 2008 and was a key founding member of DeHavilland EU.