What's on the agenda this month
by Leonie Hogervorst, Policy Analyst
As the second half of the EU institutional year kicks off in September, the Austrian Presidency of the Council hosts several meetings and events in the area of health this month:
- Meeting of EU directors responsible for pharmaceutical policy on improving the availability of medicinal products
- Strategic Review and Learning Meeting of the Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP)
- EMACOLEX (European Medicines Agencies Cooperation on Legal and Legislative Issues) meeting
- Conference on ‘Matching Health Needs and Pharmaceutical Research – How to set the research agenda for public health’
- Health ministers furthermore hold an informal meeting.
To find out more about the Austrian Presidency's priorities download our exclusive briefing.
In the European Parliament, the ENVI Committee is expected to vote on its report on the proposal for a Regulation on health technology assessment and the implementation of the Cross-border Healthcare Directive will be discussed.
Support your strategic planning with DeHavilland EU
DeHavilland EU can help with your forward planning by giving you early warning of the key events impacting your sector. Contact us for a complimentary trial today to find out how we can help you manage risks and identify opportunities.
Join us for a trial and you'll receive personalised support from Leonie and the team, including alerts, live reports, roundups and custom research services.
Leonie works in DeHavilland’s EU team, responsible for the portfolio in the area of digital and technology policy. She graduated in European Studies and Journalism and worked for several organisations active in EU policy in Brussels before joining DeHavilland in January 2016.