DeHavilland, the definitive provider of political monitoring services, is looking for an ambitious, curious and driven Business Development Manager to join our Sales team in London.
Reporting to the Sales Director, the key responsibilities will include:
- Managing the entire sales cycle, from identifying prospects through to closing the sale.
- Presenting and positioning DeHavilland’s service and web portal over the phone and in face-to-face meetings.
- Travel to client locations. Some European travel may be required.
- Keeping up-to-date with company products and services.
- Networking with industry professionals and stakeholders.
- Communicating with managers, stakeholders and customers.
- Coordinating with sales, marketing, and monitoring teams.
- Using Salesforce and LinkedIn to identify and follow-up leads, and set up meetings.
- Building an active knowledge of their industry and understanding its developments and trends.
- Developing a genuine knowledge of your prospect’s business to become a trusted advisor.
- Working closely with the Client Development Managers to deliver a thorough and effective client handover.
- Degree educated or equivalent.
- A minimum of 3-5 years relevant sales experience is essential.
- Proven track record of high productivity & new business success.
- Proven track record of subscription/solution selling within a B2B information provider.
- Experience selling to Finance, Energy, Pharma, Transport, Digital/Tech is ideal but not essential.
- Political Sector experience is ideal but not essential.
- French, German fluently is ideal but not essential.
Essential skills and competencies
- Consultative approach.
- Drive and 'self-starter' attitude.
- Desire to learn and develop.
- Presenting to C-Level Executives.
- Advanced questioning.
- Strong closing skills.
What we offer
Our employees receive a great package of perks, including:
- 25 days of holiday per year, with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days.
- Great learning and development opportunities.
- Bonus, Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans.
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers.
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme.
- Volunteering opportunities.
For more information about our benefits go to https://careers.ascential.com/our-benefits.
DeHavilland is a part of Ascential.
Each of our products and brands has its own unique heritage and voice, but all align to one common goal: to enable an eco-system that better informs and connects the business world.
Here at Ascential, we have a deep knowledge of our customers, their businesses and industries. Our aim is for our products, increasingly offered both face to face and online, to offer content and connections that professionals rely on for growth and value creation.
Operating from 14 offices around the world, Ascential serves customers in more than 150 countries, providing local and global knowledge, connections and access.
Find out what our employees are saying about working for Ascential.
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?
To apply for this role please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Business Development Manager" in the subject line.
Michael Clarke is Managing Director of DeHavilland. His goal is to ensure the most relevant and highest-quality content provision to help public affairs professionals track, monitor and evaluate the impact of the political environment, enabling them to effectively plan, implement and evaluate their organisation’s objectives.
A graduate of Queen's University Belfast, he has extensive experience of political monitoring and has also previously worked at the UN Department of Political Affairs.