Austria Presidency Briefing
The 1st of July 2018 will see Austria begin its Presidency of the Council of the European Union, replacing the outgoing Bulgarian Presidency.
DeHavilland EU has produced a preview briefing on the Presidency covering the incoming Ministers, key details, and dates for your calendar for the six month period.
To download a copy of the briefing, please complete the form.
- Foreward by Austrian Commissioner for European Neighbourhood Policy & Enlargement Negotiations Johannes Hahn.
- Bulgarian MEP Eva Maydell looks back at an eventful six months for Bulgaria, following their first term in the Chair.
- Explanation of the unique role the Presidency plays in crucial upcoming negotiations, including: The MFF, Brexit, Migration, Accession, and more.
- Profiles of key ministers in the Austrian Government.
- Detailed look at Austria’s agenda and context of the Presidency within the current political landscape.